Bench Joinery Diploma Level 2 at Gloucestershire College
As a joiner, you may work in one or more of the following areas:
- Cutting and shaping timber for floorboards, skirting boards and window frames
- Making and assembling doors, window frames, staircases and fitted furniture
- Assembling staircases, door and window frames (first fixings)
- Making and fitting interiors for shops, hotels, banks, offices and public buildings.
To become a joiner you will need to have:
- Good practical skills
- An organised approach to work
- An eye for detail
- the ability to follow technical drawings and plans
- good maths skills for measuring and working out angles
- The ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised
To get a place on the programme, you will need to be working in a bench joinery role in a workshop. You will need to attend an interview and selection process.
Upon successfully completing your Level 2 qualification you will be able to seek advanced apprenticeship placements or enter the work environment.
You will be required to wear suitable clothing and a pair of steel toe capped boots or shoes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.