Licensed Hospitality - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
This qualification is designed for those who currently work behind a bar or in customer facing roles in the bar area, employed in various licensed hospitality premises. It has been developed to meet the specific needs of the licensed hospitality industry to offer a clear route into leadership and management roles and to inspire young entrepreneurs and business start-ups.
Suitable for: Barpersons (leased, tenanted, managed, wine bar, cocktail bar, nightclub), Restaurant staff (waiters, waitresses)
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications, including:
- Level 2 Certificate in Licensed Hospitality Operations
- Level 2 Certificate in Licensed Hospitality Skills
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Running an event
- Maintain cellars and kegs
- Barista Skills
- Legal and Social Responsibilities of a Personal Licence Holder
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Beer and Cellar Quality Cask and Keg
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course appropriateness.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to cope with the Level 2 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices must be employed in the industry and must have a contract of employment working for a minimum for 30 hours per week.
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto an Advanced Apprenticeship at the College.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.