Health & Social Care Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
Learners will choose a pathway which relates to their workplace. There are three pathways; Generic, Dementia or Learning Disabilities.
This training programme is mainly delivered and assessed in the workplace. There are also regular off the job workshops held at Farnborough College of Technology.
There are five components to the apprenticeship:
1. Diploma in Health and Social Care (Level 3): optional units to meet business needs.
- Communication in health and social care settings
- Personal development in health and social care settings
- Equality and inclusion in health and social care settings
- Duty of care in health and social care settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person-centred approaches in health and social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings
Further optional units will need to be completed to achieve this qualification.
2. Technical Certificate: Certificate in Preparing to Work in
Adult Social Care (Level 3)
3. Functional Skills: English & Maths Level 2
4. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Level 2
5. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
The training programme is intended for new or existing staff working in or providing support within a care environment. It is suitable for people in job roles such as lone workers and for staff with senior or supervisory responsibilities within the health and social care sector. The entry criteria are staff aged 16 and over with GCSEs A*-D in Maths and English. GCSE's will be considered along with the results of an initial assessment.
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.