Animal Management Diploma (90 Credit) at Solihull College & University Centre
This course is ideal for you if you are interested in Animal Management or if you would like a career in the animal care industry. This course could lead to work with the RSPCA, working with Guide Dogs for the blind, Pet Shop management and Veterinary Nursing. On completion, this course provides the opportunity to top up to an Extended Diploma which will provide UCAS points and possible entry into Higher Education.
Throughout your studies, you will cover the a number of core modules some examples of modules you may cover are:
- Understand and Promote Animal Health
- Undertake Animal Handling and Safe Working
- Plan and Monitor Animal Feeding
- Carry out the practice of Exotic Animal Health and Husbandry
- Undertake Wildlife Management and Rehabilitation - Understand the principles of Wildlife populations, Ecology and Conservation
- Undertake Animal Welfare and Breed Development
Minimum qualifications for this course are:
- Four GCSE passes at Grade A*/9 - C/4 including English Language, Science and Maths OR A Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care at Distinction with a Grade C/4 or above in English and Maths In addition to the above qualifications you will need:
- a suitable character or tutor reference,
- a copy of your latest school report (if applicable) and
- a successful college interview.
Assessment is continual over the years mainly by the completion of assignments, but there are a range of assessment methods including tests, presentations and group work and students are also assessed practically on the Animal Care Centre unit and in the work place. You will be given the opportunity to gain a Pass, Merit or Distinction in each subject.
You will need to purchase a pair of steel toe cap boots, a College boiler suit and a work placement polo shirt.
There may also be various trips throughout the year.
The price of these will become available upon application.
A good standard of English and Maths are essential for success in your course, your chosen vocation and life.
Throughout your course you will continue to develop your English and Maths skills in your vocational classes.
In order to study the 90 Credit Diploma the Extended Diploma it is essential that students have a Grade A/8 - C/4 in Maths and English.
If you have a Learning Difficulty or Disability please let us know when you apply. You will be offered support in your interview. If you need help completing your application we can help with this too.
Solihull College is an inclusive and diverse learning environment offering full- time and part time courses to people from anywhere in the UK and overseas.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Solihull College & University Centre directly.