History A Level at King's Leadership Academy Liverpool
The Modern World History AS/A Level course allows students to study in detail different aspects
of European and British history. The course content will develop skills of analysis and comprehension and a history qualification is desirable for various careers. The course aims to:
- To encourage AS and A level students to develop their interest in and enjoyment of different aspects of history. To develop a wider understanding of how current social, economic and political situations have evolved as a direct result of past events.
- To encourage students to develop skills of analysis and independent thinking.
- To enable students to develop and effectively apply their knowledge of events in history and how these events have impacted on current events.
- To encourage students to explore the reasons behind decisions made by prominent Historical figures and the impact of these decisions on the relevant societies at the time.
- To encourage students to explore comparisons and connections between different historical events.
- 5 GCSE A*-C grades (or equivalent) including maths. Grade B in history or English is required; although grade C candidates may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- University entry, further education or work-based training.
- A wide range of careers including journalism, law, banking/accountancy, retail, film/media/broadcasting, education, police/armed forces, probation/social work, nursing, teaching, events/entertainment and government.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact King's Leadership Academy Liverpool directly.
Last updated date: 22 July 2015