Applied Science BTEC Diploma Level 3 at City of Wolverhampton College
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Fundamentals of science Working in the science industry
- Scientific investigations
- Practical scientific techniques
- Perceptions of science
- Using mathematical tools in science
- Physiology of human body systems
- Energy changes, sources and applications
- Industrial applications of organic chemistry
If you are passionate about science and want to progress to a successful career in the profession, then the BTEC Level 3 Diploma will provide you with a deeper understanding of scientific principles across the three main areas of biology, chemistry and physics.
You will develop a range of scientific, practical and analytical skills and work on projects and experiments in the practical working environment of our well-equipped science labs.
You will carry out practical sessions in our well-equipped science labs and throughout the course will have the opportunity to go on science-related educational visits and field trips.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English or maths (specified which for some courses)
- or successful completion of a full level 2 study programme.
- College interview/assessment
Throughout the course you will be assessed through observation, written assessments, assignments and research.
Completion of the course will enable you to:
- Progress to the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science
- Apply for a job as a science technician or assistant practitioner in a laboratory
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.