Construction Professional Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a challenging career in construction, architecture or civil engineering? Are you looking for a practical and vocational programme, giving you a range of skills? The Construction Professional Level 3 programme is designed to give you a grounding in the construction industry. It covers a variety of specialist areas, allowing you to discover the numerous routes available to you.
The programme is both theoretical and work-related, letting you develop in-depth knowledge with professional applications. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations.
The programme is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Site visits
- Field trips
- Practical application of skills and knowledge
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths and English; or,
- Construction Professional Level 2
- A successful interview and relevant experience are required if the other criteria are not met
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical tasks
- Job knowledge tasks
Completion of this programme provides a number of options in education and employment
You could progress into a Higher Education programme in a wide range of areas, including:
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Construction and (FdEng) Civil Engineering (available at Rhos-on-Sea)
- HNC Building Studies (available at Bangor)
- HNC Construction and HNC Civil Engineering (available at Rhos-on-Sea)
Your eventual career options would include technical roles in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Computer Aided Design, Planning, Highways, Environmental Services, Surveying, and other sectors.
- Carpenter & Joiner
- Civil & Structural Engineer
- Environmental Consultant
- Gas Installation & Maintenance Engineer
- Painter & Decorator
- Town & Country Planner
Programme code: 0502A03B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.