Computing AS/A2 at Rednock School
What will I learn on this A Level course?
- The study of computing at AS/A level will enable you to learn about the design organisation and development of computer systems
- You will learn a good deal of technical background knowledge to support your study of computer systems
- The course is designed to encourage you to develop your problem solving skills and examine your solutions not only from an academic, but also an ethical or social point of view
- You will need to put the theory of designing computer systems into practice to produce projects for your coursework units, which are worth one third of the available marks for the course
- You will need to learn a programming language to complete your project. Most students use visual basic.
If students do have a GCSE in Information Technology, students will find that the AS/A level course in Computing will build on some of the knowledge and skills that they have developed at Key Stage 4. The most important factor is that students will have an interest in, and are enthusiastic about, computing. Students are required to have a ‘B’ grade in GCSE Maths and 4 other GCSEs at ‘C’ or above.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rednock School directly.