Carpentry and Joinery CSkills Awards Level 1 Diploma at Guildford College
Get the theory and skills training needed to become a carpenter at Level 1.
Get hands-on practical experience in our purpose-built construction workshops equipped with modern machinery and technology and find out about the latest industry trends from our specialist tutors.
- 25% theory in the classrooms and 75% practical activities in the workshops
- health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries;
- technical information, quantities and communication with others;
- construction technology;
- produce woodworking joints;
- maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools;
- prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools.
No formal requirements but you should be able to demonstrate an interest in and commitment to the subject.
You will need to attend an interview and an initial assessment.
Coursework, oral, practical and written exams and the successful completion of an on-line knowledge test.
Bench Joinery/Site Carpentry CSKills Awards Level 2 Diploma.
All 16-19 year olds on full-time programmes will be required to retake GCSE English and Maths or to undertake Functional Skills, if they have not already attained the equivalent of a GCSE grade C in these subjects, every year of their course, until they complete their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.