French AS/A-Level at Haydon School
This course consists of 4 themes:
- Theme 1: Changes in French Society
- Theme 2: Political and Artistic Culture in French-speaking Countries
- Theme 3: Immigration and Multicultural Society in France
- Theme 4: Occupation and Resistance
Theme 1: Changes in French society
- Theme 1 is set in the context of France only. This theme covers social issues and trends.
- Changes in family structures
- The world of work
Theme 2: Political and artistic culture in French-speaking countries
- Theme 2 is set in the context of francophone countries and communities. This theme covers artistic culture (through music and festivals and traditions) and political and artistic culture (through media).
- Festivals and traditions
Theme 3: Immigration and multicultural society in France
- Theme 3 is set in the context of France only. This theme covers social issues and trends.
- The positive impact of immigration on French society
- The challenges of immigration and integration in France
- The National Front
Theme 4: Occupation and Resistance
- Theme 4 is set in the context of France only. This theme covers political culture.
- Occupied France
- The Vichy government
- The Resistance
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Haydon School directly.