Children And Young Peoples Workforce - Social Care Level 3 Diploma at Milton Keynes College
Is your goal to work with children in a social care environment? Are you currently working as a foster carer or respite carer, work in a children’s centre, a health care assistant or other such care roles?
This course will help you gain a professional qualification and support the development of your vocational practice. It will enhance your career prospects and can lead to further training opportunities.
The course covers all areas of the residential care worker role e.g. communication, behaviour management, supporting learning activities and safeguarding. This course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study the following 14 mandatory units:
- Understand child & young person development
- Promote child & young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the well being of children & young people
- Support children & young people’s health & safety
- Develop positive relationships with children, young people & others involved in their care
- Working together for the benefit of children & young people
- Understand how to support positive outcomes for children & young people
- Promote communication in health, social care or children & young people’s settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote equality & inclusion in health, social care or children’s & young people’s settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s & young people’s settings
- Assessment and Planning with Children & Young People
- Promote the Wellbeing and Resilience of Children & Young People
- Professional Practice in Children & Young People’s Social Care.
Your allocated Workplace Trainer will also guide you in selecting optional units relevant to your job/placement.
We will also support your development in English and Maths which are a key component of all College programmes.
- You will need to have a minimum of three month’s experience of supporting the care of children in some form of social care environment. This can be on an employed or voluntary basis. You must be working or volunteering in this environment for a minimum of nine hours a week throughout the course
- You need to be over 18 years
- You will be required to complete an initial assessment in English and Maths and achieve an appropriate level.
There is continuous assessment through knowledge work books online plus observations of your practice in the workplace.
After successfully completing the course you could progress onto the level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management. Alternatively, you could seek an apprenticeship in the sector or enter employment within a social care environment for children and young people aged up to 19 years.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.