Geography AS/A2 Level at The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School
Geography is an incredibly broad subject encompassing social, political, environmental and economic aspects of what is happening in the world today.
Topic list –AS
- Rivers, floods and management -physical
- Coastal environments -physical
- Global population change -human
- International health issues- human
- Plate tectonics and associated hazards -Physical
- Development and globalisation - Human
- Contemporary conflicts and challenges- Human essay question
6 A* - C GCSE passes including English and a grade B in Geography.
Unit 1 2 hour written exam
Unit 2 1 hour written exam*
Unit 3 2 hour written exam including a 40 mark essay
Unit 4b 1 hour written exam based on pre-release material
Whether you are preparing for a university degree and career based on the sciences or the arts, Geography is the subject that bridges the gap between both these worlds.
There are numerous careers where Geography A Level is an important qualification:
Publishing Leisure and Recreation
Civil Service and local Government Civil Engineering
Armed Services Environmental health
Marketing Town Planning
Teaching Landscape Architecture
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School directly.