Electrical Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) at Alliance Learning
Electrical engineering technicians install, maintain and repair electrical equipment and controls across a wide range of industries. An electrical engineering apprenticeship or an electronic engineering apprenticeship is an ideal way of starting a career in this field.
What the course involves
- Working and implementing health and safety procedures for isolation and testing using appropriate equipment
- Working from electrical drawings to produce domestic single phase circuits and industrial three phase circuits
- Working on electrical drawings to produce electronic circuits and components
- Working on electrical circuits to identify and repair faults
- Installing plant and equipment
Some employers require specific GCSE grades
Interested candidates should have the following skills & interests....
• Practical hand skills for handling tools
• Analytical problem solving skills
• Mathematical ability and understanding of scientific principles
• Candidates must have good colour vision
• Ability to read circuit diagrams
• Concentration with attention to detail
• Safety awareness is essential
You will be required to sit and English, Maths and ICT initial assessment before starting the Apprenticeship programme to check you are at a suitable level.
The National Minimum Apprenticeship wage is £3.30 per hour
Career Opportunities include:
- Domestic Electrician
- Industrial Electrician
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Follow us on social media for Apprenticeship updates
Facebook - Alliance Learning Horwich
Twitter - @alhorwich
Instagram - alliance_learning
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.