Film Studies A Level at Sir Thomas Wharton Community College
This is a course which is designed to build on skills and interests developed in GCSE Film and/or Media Studies. It would also appeal to anyone who enjoys watching and analysing films.
You will explore films and the film industry in detail, including:
- How the Hollywood film industry operates
- Differences between American and British films
- How meaning is created in films
- Themes which link a wide variety of different films
- Different film genres (currently British horror)
You will also have opportunities for practical work, including:
- Making short videos
- Writing screenplays
The course 40% coursework 60% exam at AS
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sir Thomas Wharton Community College directly.