Hairdressing Level 3 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
The Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Hairdressing course offers a progression of skills and knowledge developed in the Level 2 Hairdressing course. It is focussed on producing highly proficient, occupationally competent, professional Hairdressers that can perform a wide variety of treatments and services and are job ready. The course includes developing a range of general hairdressing techniques, including colour correction, creative design and a variety of advanced techniques. Other units develop a complete a suite of essentials for any hair salon business, whether self- employed or working for another. This qualification is most suited to learners who wish to advance in their profession or to become salon managers and/or salon owners.
- Monitor procedure to safely control work operations
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Promote additional services and products
- Cut, style and dress hair to create a variety of looks using a variety of techniques
- Provide colour correction services
- Creative design skills
Please be aware City and Guilds may amend any unit from time to time.
Literacy and numeracy are an integral part of this course for those under 19 years. If you have not achieved GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in these subjects you be required to attend functional skills in Literacy (English) and numeracy
Additionally to enhance your employability your learning package will also include:
• Personal tutorial guidance and support services
• Preparation into employment or progression into another course, i.e. C.V writing and business advice
• Sessions with industry speakers from product companies and suppliers to the industry, ex-students and employers
• Opportunities to enrich your communication and people skills working in our community projects
• Regular commercial salon experience, honing your commercial treatment timings and building confidence in our salons
• Opportunities to attend other short services courses (payment required) to enhance your C.V, expand your treatment offer and give you every chance of employment.
• Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing or an equivalent qualification
• 4 GCSEs (grade A-D) or equivalent qualifications preferably including Maths and English if you haven't already got these.
If you do not meet the entry requirement we will advise you on an alternative programme to suit your individual study needs.
Continual assessment throughout the course/External written/on line tests / assessments/ Practical assessments are undertaken on paying clients and must be completed in a commercially acceptable timescale/ Observation/ Portfolio building/ Case study assignment
In addition to timetabled classes there is provision for independent study time. Students will undertake independent learning, investigation and research and bring this to present and share in subsequent classes.
You can diversify to other therapy qualifications to expand your therapy portfolio skills or progress to Level 4 and 5 with a Foundation Degree in Hair Management which Warwickshire College can offer you from our Leamington and Rugby Centre's.
Entry job roles with Level 3:
·Creative / Advanced Hair Stylist
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.