Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship Level 3 at CDC
The Level 3 Apprenticeship is ideal if you've worked in the construction industry and have plenty of experience. Your work might involve supervising others or managing resources. You want to develop your skills further and move into a senior role or a position with more responsibility.
This training is ideal for your apprentice wanting to advance their skills in painting and decorating.
Working on a construction site or in domestic and commercial premises, to given specifications, preparing background surfaces for painting and applying paint by brush and roller.
Level 3 includes the following Units:
- Erecting and Dismantling Access Equipment and Working Platforms
- Applying Hangings to Walls and Ceilings
- Producing specialist finishes for painted decorative work
- Producing specialist architectural finishes for decorative work
- Applying Water-Borne Paint Systems Using airless equipment
- Applying water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
Maths and English grade D/5+ or above
It is expected that level 3 apprentices will have significant work experience in the industry and ideally prior qualifications.
All learning done in the workplace with the exception of guided learning sessions 1 day per week at the Construction Design Centre and functional skills which, if required, is done through timetabled sessions also within the centre.
The assessment process includes;
Functional Skills supported off the job if required (Maths, English and ICT)
- Monthly assessor visits
- Quarterly reviews with employer and apprentice
- Progress is monitored through an e-portfolio that the employer can also utilise
The Level 3 course is designed to make the Apprentice more independent and get them to organise work and deal with problems that occur.
After completing the apprenticeship and working in the industry for a number of years, job prospects can be excellent.
For further information please contact;
Sheffield City Council
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.