Spanish A level at Nottingham Girl's Academy
This course will interest students with an interest in languages, travel, different cultures as well as anyone wanting to gain a highly academic qualification that complements most other subjects and is highly regarded by employers, colleges and universities alike. This is a challenging academic qualification which requires independent study skills and self-organisation.
AS and A level will study the following topics:
Aspects of Hispanic society
- Modern and traditional values.
- Equal rights.
Artistic culture in the Hispanic world
- Modern day idols.
- Spanish regional identity.
A level you will study the following further topics
Multiculturalism in Spanish society
Aspects of political life in the Hispanic world
In addition for AS you will study a Spanish book or film and a broad grammar content and for A-level you study another book.
5+ A*-C grades at GCSE including C grade or above in English and B or above in Spanish.
At both AS and A-level the assessment is similar and consists of 3 examinations which are outlined below and the weighting for each:
- Paper 1: Examination in listening, reading and a translation into English 40%.
- Paper 2:Translation into Spanish and a critical response to a chosen film or book studied.30% (At A- level this will be 2 questions relating to 2 books or a book and a film).
- Speaking examination: a discussion conducted by your teacher.30% (At A-level there is a discussion on individual research project of personal interest).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nottingham Girl's Academy directly.