Fashion and Textiles Level 3 Diploma at Bath College
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the skills required to embark on a career in fashion and textiles, and is suitable for students from 16 years upwards. You will learn creative and practical techniques in studios and specialist workshops.
- Visual studies including life drawing, colour theory, fashion design and illustration, observational drawing and visual analysis
- Contextual studies covering contemporary and historical issues in art and design, information technology and professional practice
- Year one concentrates on acquiring skills such as fabric printing, hand and machine knitting, garment construction and pattern cutting. This runs alongside design studies covering design methods, fashion/textile illustration and presentation techniques.
- Year two focuses on directing students towards higher education or the fashion and textile industry. Units also include fashion promotion, business and professional practice.
- You will also undertake an additional specialist short course in textiles to further creative development.
Four GCSEs, including English language at grade C or above, or a UAL Level 2 Diploma at merit level overall (with merits in all core units), or equivalent
All students will be required to present a recently completed portfolio of art, design or fashion related work at interview
You will be assessed through coursework.
- Progress on to undergraduate courses in fashion, textiles and costume design
- Progress into careers in fashion production, fashion marketing or fashion retail
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.