Fine Art A Level (Linear) at Dereham Neatherd High School
Students are introduced to a variety of experiences exploring a range of media, processes and techniques. Students will be taught and expected to explore and produce practical and critical/contextual work in one or more of the following areas:
- Painting, drawing and mixed media, including collage and assemblage
- Land art, installation and construction
- Printmaking, photography: lens-based and/or light-based media, film, animation, television and video.
Students are encouraged to develop:
- Intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive powers;
- Independence of mind in relation to developing their own ideas, refining their ideas, intentions and personal outcomes
- An interest in, enthusiasm for, and enjoyment of art
- Experience of working with a broad range of media, including traditional and new media and technologies
Year 1 – Component One Workshop activities followed by a themed project based mainly on taught elements and developing ideas.
Year 2 Component One (continued) - Personal investigation. A practical unit of work with a written investigation between 1000 and 3000 words.
Component 2 Controlled assignment – preparation and final piece. A 15 hour supervised period in which students are expected to fully realise their ideas.
Minimum BCCCC including B in GCSE Art.
There are two Components of work over the two years. Both Components are centre-assessed and moderated by AQA. Students will be expected to demonstrate a response to all of the assessment objectives. The assessment objectives for both components are the same.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dereham Neatherd High School directly.