Health and Social Care (Level 1) at Central College Nottingham
This course is aimed at giving you the necessary skills needed to progress onto a higher level Health and Social Care course. The course is over 35 weeks, if you are successful you will have the opportunity to progress onto a Level 2 college or work based Health and Social Care qualification.
Subjects / Modules include:
- Investigating Rights and Responsibilities at Work
- Managing Your Health at Work
- Preparing for Work Placement
- Learning from Work Placement
- Health and Social Care Needs
- Personal Care in Health and Social Care
- Creative Activities for Children
- Learning Experiences for Children and Young People
- Creative and Leisure Activities for Adults in Health and Social Care
- Promoting Healthy Eating in Care
- Communication with Adults and Children in Health and Social Care
- Job Opportunities in Health and Social Care
- Health and Social Care Group Project
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades D-G including English Language and Maths
- A relevant Entry 3 qualification, plus you will need to complete an English and Maths assessment to determine the right course and support for you.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All units are assessed by coursework.
You can continue with further study on one of the following courses:
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care or Childcare
- CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Childcare and Education <./ul>
To support your application we will ask you to bring in a school report.
If you intend to progress onto Level 2, you will need to have a Disclosure and Barring service check (costing £45.00) and attend work experience to assess your suitability for working in this sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.