Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Oasis Academy Brightstowe
BTEC Level 3 Certificate - 30 Credits.
- Unit 01: Developing Effective Communication in Health and Social Care 10 Credits.
- Unit 02: Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care 10 Credits.
- Unit 04: Development Through the Life Stages 10 Credits.
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma - 30 Credits.
- Unit 03: Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care 10 Credits
- Unit 20: Promoting Health Education 10 Credits.
- Unit 21: Nutrition for Health and Social Care 10 Credits.
Unit 01: Developing effective communication in health and social care.
Unit 02: Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care.
Unit 04: Development through the life stages.
Unit 03: Health, safety and security in health and social care.
Unit 20: Promoting Health Education.
Unit 21: Nutrition for Health and Social Care
NBP16C level 3 entry requirement. If you are a post 16 student with a one year
level 2 vocational qualification the minimum requirement is a merit.
A variety of teaching methods will be used, including teacher-led activities, delivering presentations both individually and in groups, but the majority of work will be done by you through independent research including keeping up to date with changes to health care. You are required to arrange a regular work or volunteer placement with the health and social care sector as part of this course.
By studying health and social care you will gain knowledge and understanding of theory and practice and you will study in ways similar to those expected at university. You may progress from this course into university study, or enter training or employment. Many students have successfully progressed to careers in nursing, child care, midwifery and other caring and allied health care professions.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oasis Academy Brightstowe directly.