Motor Vehicle Maintenance City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma at Appleby Grammar School
Learners will learn how to maintain and repair different types of vehicles (cars, vans, trucks, or even motorcycles), fit and replace parts and tyres. Students will ideally undertake a one day per week work experience placement in a motor vehicle environment. Students must organise their own placement provider. Assessment is based on a combination of multiple choice online test and a portfolio of work based evidence.
- Health and safety;
- Supporting job roles;
- Skills in material, fabrication, tools and measuring devices;
- Routine light vehicle maintenance;
- Removing and replacing engine units;
- Removing and replacing chassis units;
- Engine mechanical, lubrication and cooling system units and components;
- Removing and replacing electrical units and components;
- Transmission and driveline units and components;
- Fuel, ignition air and exhaust systems units and components.
Four GCSE’s at Grade A*-E including Maths and English.
This qualification can lead to further associated studies in a variety of motor vehicle related courses or employment in a motor vehicle environment. Students who display an aptitude may be able to progress to a Level 3 NVQ.
N.B The City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles (4290) attracts 48 UCAS tariff points and therefore is suitable for those students wishing to apply to higher educational providers as well as those looking to enter employment or apprenticeship routes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Appleby Grammar School directly.