Spanish at St Aidan's and St John Fisher's Associated Sixth Form
Spain and the countries of South and Central America offer an incredibly diverse and fascinating language and culture for students to learn about and enjoy. From the rhythm of flamenco in Andalucia to the Mayan temples in the jungles of Guatemala, there are endless opportunities to discover the true Hispanic culture.
AS Course topics include:
* Media (tv, advertising, social networking)
* Culture (cinema, music, fashion)
* Health (sport, diet, holidays)
* Families (family, friends, marriage)
A2 Course topics include:
* Environment (pollution, energy, protecting the planet)
* Multicultural society (immigration, integration, racism)
* Social Issues (Wealth and poverty, law and order, science)
* Two cultural topics are also studied from a film, a novel, a historical period and a region
Students will study topics similar to those at GCSE but looked at from a more mature perspective. In the leisure topic, for example, we examine how football has taken over from Catholicism as the principal activity for Spaniards on a Sunday. In our studies of lifestyle we compare the laid-back, siesta-filled work day in Spain with the stress-filled approach in northern Europe. When looking at media we discover how Spanish youngsters are equally obsessed with mobiles and the internet and how these have changed attitudes in Spain.
Grade B or above in GCSE Spanish
5 GCSEs A*-C Grade
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Aidan's and St John Fisher's Associated Sixth Form directly.