Fish Management – Level 3 Extended Diploma at Sparsholt College
During this course you’ll study a wide range of fishery and aquatics related subjects via both practical and theory teaching.
Regular off site practicals, external industry speakers, industry visits, work placements and a specialist end of year trip all give you the experience you need to go on to Higher Education or into employment.
You’ll be taught by many of the leading experts in the fishery industry and will study core units and optional pathways in areas such as fishery management, angling techniques, aquatics management and aquarium systems.Topics covered
• Fish biology and the science of water quality
• Fish farming and breeding including cyprinids, salmonids and warm water species
• Pond design, installation and maintenance
• Environmental wetland management and fishery maintenance
• Industry experience
Five GCSEs at grade C or above including English, Maths and Science/Level 2 Diploma at Merit level
plus GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
• FdSc in Sport Fisheries and Aquaculture or Marine Ecology and Conservation
• Assistant Fishery Manager or Farm Manager
• Environment Agency Technician
• River Keeper/Water Bailiff
• Tackle and Bait Retail and Manufacturing
• Angling Coach
• Pond Design and Building
• Aquatic Retail Industry
• Public Aquaria
• Research and Conservation
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sparsholt College directly.