Sport - level 2 BTEC Diploma at Buxton & Leek College
- During this course you'll develop the knowledge, understanding and competency skills you'll need to start a career in the sports sector.
- You will gain a grounding in the essential skills and fundamental knowledge that are crucial to this area of study.
- You'll have the opportunity to build on what you've learned by taking another Level 2 qualification, moving on to a Level 3 qualification or starting your first job in the sector.
This course is made up of a variety of modules including:
- Fitness Testing and Training
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sport
- Practical Sport
You'll need a basic sports kit package. We'll give you more details about this after your interview.
The course also includes several fieldtrips throughout the year, which you may need to pay towards. We'll let you know the cost before the trip.
You'll need one of the following:
- Three GSCEs at grades A*-D or equivalent qualifications. Ideally, you'll have good grades in English and Maths, but we'll consider all applications on an individual basis.
- Pathway 2 Progression: Level 1 Diploma in Vocational Studies.
You'll also be interviewed and you'll need a good reference from your school, college or employer.
You'll be assessed on your coursework using various assessment methods. There are no exams.
You would be able to start a job at a junior level in areas such as health and fitness instruction or sports development.
Alternatively, you could go on to do study another qualification. If you achieve an overall Merit or better for this course, you could move on to a higher level qualification, such as the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness), or take another level 2 qualification, such as an NVQ.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Buxton & Leek College directly.