Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Diploma Level 1 at York College
You will study:
- Introduction to Construction Work
- Principles of Health and Safety
- Handling and Storing Materials and Components
- Personal WorkSkills
- Optional Practical Craft Unit - choosing from Plumbing, Bricklaying, Carpentry and Joinery, Painting and Decorating, Electrical, Stonemasonry and Plastering
- Functional Skills in ICT, English and Maths
- Tutorial Support
- Edexcel Level 1 BTEC Qualification in WorkSkills
A minimum of 4 Ds at GCSE. All applicants need to be successful at interview.
Internal assessment by building a portfolio and externally assessed practical tasks completed under supervised conditions.
Students may progress on to the diplomas in one of the Construction Crafts or the Construction and the Built Environment First Certificate Level 2, or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact York College directly.