Early Years Educator Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 Diploma at RWP Training Ltd
This qualification is to work with children age birth to 5 years with knowledge of up to age 7 and appropriate for anyone aged 16 and above who is able to communicate well with both children and adults, can incorporate learning through play in a fun and engaging environment, or already has employment with a local employer.
The Advanced Level Apprenticeship will be of interest to you, this programme takes 18-20 months and you gain these qualifications:
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (QCF)
- Longitudinal Study
- Functional Skills ICT Level 2, Maths & English
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Be Safe
23 Mandatory units which are split into 4 themes:
- Theme 1: Health & well being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks & professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development & learning for school readiness
- Theme 4: Professional development
Longitudinal study (Unit 3.15):
- This unit is based on assessment, observations and planning inline with the EYFS standards.
- Competence must be shown in a real work environment
Applicants should have achieved GCSE grades A*-D or 9-4 including Maths and English, show enthusiasm for this sector and have excellent communication skills.
Acceptance onto the programme will be subject to qualifications, experience and successfully completing an initial assessment if required and interview.
As a Child Care Apprentice, you will learn mostly whilst at work in a nursery setting or child minding setting. Once employed one of our Training Advisor's will visit you periodically to assess your skills in the workplace; this happens every three to four weeks (approximately). You will also attend off-the-job training every other week to work on technical skills, which will help you while you work towards your qualifications.
Candidates who complete this qualification could become; a practitioner in a day nursery, nursery school or within a reception class in a primary school, a pre-school worker or a home based child carer.
You may already be employed, or we can help you secure a suitable position with a local employer who will support you through the apprenticeship. You will be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week whilst being paid the current national minimum apprenticeship wage. Employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact RWP Training Ltd directly.