Introduction to Professional Catering Level One NVQ at East Riding College
This course is designed as an introduction to working in the hospitality and catering industry. You will have the opportunity to work in a busy kitchen environment, restaurant and bar.
- Practical training classes
- Theory work to support your practical evidence
- Food preparation and cooking - this is carried out in the College restaurant kitchens
- Food and drink service - this is carried out in the College restaurants
You will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level One Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking
- Level One Certificate in Food and Beverage Service
- Level Two Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Functional skills/GCSEs
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- Satisfactory record of achievement and references
- Satisfactory College interview and a practical skills test
You will build a portfolio of evidence and complete a series of on-line multiple choice questions. Practical assessments are always completed in the restaurant or the production kitchen so that you are performing at the level required for industry.
You could get a job in the hospitality and catering industry. You could work in a hotel, restaurant, public house, or a canteen. You may even work at sea. Most of our students enjoy the course and progress onto our Level Two NVQ Diploma in Professional Catering learners may also obtain a catering specific apprenticeship in the workplace.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.