Physical Education A Level at Highlands School
You will develop your knowledge and skills in a range of sporting roles; explore contemporary issues in modern sport, examine the effects of exercise, identify the pathways and opportunities available to participate in sport and recreation at a local, national and international level, enhance your understanding of how elite performers prepare for sports competition, find ways to improve your own performance.
2 units at AS Level, including:
- Unit 1 Theory
- Unit 2 Personal performance, local study, national study and performance analysis
2 units at A2, including:
- Unit 3 Optimum sports performance
- Unit 4 Developing the sports performer
Grade C or better in GCSE PE
Units 1 and 3 are externally assessed. Units 2 and 4 are internally assessed.
- University courses such as sports sciences, physiotherapy, recreation and leisure studies.
- Employment in such areas as recreational management, leisure activities, the armed forces and the Civil Service
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highlands School directly.