Performing Arts: Dance, Drama & Music A level at Broughton Hall High School
These subjects will help you:
• gain UCAS points in an area you enjoy in and out of school;
• gain all-round study and employment skills;
• prepare for a variety of careers within and outside of the Performing Arts.
Qualifications needed for all courses
• GCSE Dance/Drama/Music/Expressive Arts (or level 2 equivalent): Grade A*-C in your specialist subject.
• GCSE English Language: Grade A*-C
• Prior performance experience/graded examinations in Dance/Drama/Music if GCSE not studied.
• We may need to audition/test you to check your standard of experience is suit able if you have no qualifications.
• Music students should have a high standard (Grade 4+) of experience on an instrument or voice.
Other compulsory requirements
• Remember there is 50% written work in these courses as well as 50% practical!
• Extra curricular participation & attendance of live performances in & out of school.
• A strong work ethic and commitment to the team.
• Able to take professional critique and use it to improve.
• Music students will need to have extra instrument/singing lessons to support skill development.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Broughton Hall High School directly.