Motor Vehicle Mechanics at Develop
What is Motor Mechanics Course Bedford?
It is an accredited course for schools 1 day a week for 12 weeks aimed specifically at engaging participants through a workshop based activity that focuses on car and motorbike mechanics. It is based at our new Motor Vehicle Centre in Kempston.
Aims of the Mechanics Course
- Provide positive and useful activity for participants to engage in, in an environment that encourages participants to work collaboratively
- Enable participants to experience or practice new skills based around practical work (motor mechanics)
- Help participants to achieve an Acentis Level 1 Unit – Introduction to the Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Sector
- Help participants to achieve an Accredited qualification in Health and safety
- Offer career based Information, Advice and Guidance
- Provide an opportunity for participants to develop communication skills through team work
- Assist participants in learning some of the fundamentals of motor vehicle mechanics
- Increase employability skills for participants through certification and increased experience of work
Brandles Motor Vehicle Centre: The Brandles, Weston Way, Baldock, Hertfordshire, SG7 6EY.
Kemspton Motor Vehicle Centre: Unit 35, College Street, Kempston, Bedford, MK42
The sessions are split into two sections:- the first is classroom based and during this section the participants learn some of the principles and theories of motor vehicle maintenance, the second part is based in a vehicle workshop and is all about applying what has been learnt in the classroom by carrying out servicing or repair procedures on an actual motor vehicle. In the classroom participants will explore how various components of the motor vehicle operate while simultaneously completing a workbook which not only evidences the learnt knowledge but is an integral part of the Ascentis certificate which will be verified later on. In the workshop participants will carry out various maintenance and repair procedures on actual motorbikes. These tasks are directly linked to what is taught in the classroom and provides the opportunity to practice new skills.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Develop directly.