Drama and Theatre Studies A level at Sacred Heart of Mary Girls' School
The course covers the holistic study of Drama and Theatre including the study of play texts from different time periods, the role of the performer, director and designers. The development of stagecraft and theatre as a performer, designer or director.
Applicants to the Sixth Form need to have achieved a minimum of five FULL GCSEs at grade C or above as well as the entry requirements for the individual course:
- B grade in GCSE Drama or significant extra-curricular experience.
- Minimum of a C grade in English Literature.
- Genuine love of theatre, plays and performing.
- Commitment to succeed.
- Section A - Set text - How would you play one of the characters in the play?
- Section B - Set text - How would you direct a performer as a character?
- Section C – Live performance analysis - Analyse the effects created by performers or designers in a professional live performance seen.
- Devised group performance from a stimulus (20 marks).
- Individual working notebook detailing your devising process 2,400 - 3,000 words (40 marks).
- Exploration of three extracts from a play, different to your set text, two extracts will be formally presented to an audience and examined (40 marks).
- You will create an individual reflective report evaluating your interpretations (20 marks).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sacred Heart of Mary Girls' School directly.