Art and Design - Photography at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School
The AS level is a taught and structured course. In the second A2 year students are expected to work more independently by working within the confines of an open ended brief. The course also includes:
* Workshops enabling basic skills needed to satisfy the course requirements.
* Visual research
* Critical studies of leading photographers and artists, combined with own personal research.
* Digital photography skills • Image manipulation using Adobe Photoshop.
* Working to a set brief written by the course leaders.
* Student folders are used to record the creative/ technical process, planning and evaluations.
* Students need to commit to completing photo shoots at the weekends throughout the year.
* It is an advantage to have a Grade C or above in GCSE Art. These students are ideally suited for the course requirements.
* A keen interest in Photography and Art.
* A camera
* A memory stick
* Access to a quality printer
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School directly.