Business Studies A Level at Brooke Weston Academy
This is a two year course which enables students to gain a broad understanding of business and how businesses operate in the wider world. Students will develop skills of analysis and evaluation as well as applying their knowledge to a variety of case study situations.
Open to students who have gained a profile of B grades at GCSE, including English language. Students who have studied GCSE business studies would be at an advantage; however this is not a prerequisite for the course.
- AS Component 1: Business Opportunities (40% of the total AS marks)
- AS Component 2: Business Functions (60% of the total AS marks)
- A2 Component 1: Business Opportunities and Functions (33% of the total A2 marks)
- A2 Component 2: Business Analysis and Strategy (33% of the total A2 marks)
- A2 Component 3: Business in the Changing World (33% of the total A2 marks)
There are many university courses which give students the opportunity to specialise in one particular area of business studies, such as marketing or marketing and finance. Business studies students have a wide range of career opportunities available to them, from financial management to marketing and commerce and human resources management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brooke Weston Academy directly.