Floristry Level 2 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
This one-year course will benefit you if you are looking to work within the industry. It covers all aspects of floristry from beginner level.
Students 19+ years - Will be required to attend college 2 days per week with a 3rd day for self directed study/work experience.
Students under 19 years - Will attend college 3 days per week, with a study programme should you not achieve A*- C in GCSE Maths & English Language.
Work experience is essential to gain this qualification, and will be carried out as part of the course. Help will be given if necessary to find you a work placement, which is for a minimum of 40 hours.
Regular attendance is required to achieve this qualification within the stated time. Much of the course is assessed via the continuous assessment method, and therefore you will be asked to produce assignments throughout the course.
The qualification is recognised throughout the industry.
- Introduction to hand tied and presentation floral designs
- Introduction to funeral and sympathy floral designs
- Design and construction of floral arrangements
- Simple floral wedding designs and accessories
- Display of floristry goods
- Introduction to working in the floristry industry
- Introduction to function decoration using floral displays
- Identification and processing of cut materials and pot plants
- Introduction to art and design for florists
- Introduction to plant processes and planted designs
Anyone who has a keen interest in floristry, with a GCSE 'D' grade or above in English language, and wishes to gain a qualification in this area. Mature students looking for a career change, are encouraged to apply.
The assessments are centre devised and marked and are subject to moderation by an external verifier appointed to the centre. There will be an on-line multiple choice test at the end of the course, which is externally marked. If you possess previous experience it may be accredited for prior learning with the submission of a portfolio containing appropriate evidence to fulfil the requirements of this scheme.
This course has been designed to provide a qualification allowing progression towards the Level 3 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Floristry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.