Business BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Hertford Regional College
This business qualification gives you a general understanding of business and an insight into the many different aspects of business, such as human resources, sales and marketing and customer relations etc. You will also be given the opportunity to put your skills to the test with work related experience. After completion of this course having obtained either a Merit or Distinction grade, you can progress on to a Level 3 Extended Diploma qualification in business, retail or secretarial and administration or Level 3 Apprenticeship.
You will cover the following units:
- Financial Forecasting for Business
- Team Building
- Personal Selling
- Promoting a Brand
- Visual Merchandising
- Functional Skills English and Maths for students who have achieved lower than D in GCSE Maths and English
- If you have achieved a GCSE grade D in English or maths, you will need to do GCSE
- At least 136 GCSE entry points. This should include English and maths at D grade or higher or Functional Skills Level 1 in English and maths. Alternatively, students who have successfully completed a full Level 1 Diploma qualification will be considered for a place on the course.
All units are assessed by assignments, which are graded at pass, merit or distinction.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- Progress to Level 3 qualifications, for example, BTEC Extended Diploma in Business
- Enter employment in the business sector
- Course related visits and trips
- Guest speakers from the world of business, media and Government organisations
- Election of a Student Representative
- Participation in charity and fund raising events within the College
What will I need?
A text book and costs for any extended trips.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.