Information Technology Foundation Learning at SEEVIC College
If you have an interest in Information Technology and want to find out how it is used in the work place, then this is the course for you.
IT is at the centre of everyday life and found in the majority of businesses and industries. You will study a wide range of topics, including:
- Computer building and maintenance
- Presenting information
- Web design
- Working online.
If you would like to study a Level 1 course but aren’t sure what you would like to do in the future, you can try a variety of courses throughout the year whilst developing your English and Maths skills. Upon successful completion of the Foundation Learning programme, you will be able to continue to a Level 2 qualification.
- PowerPoint: use your presentation skills to win that job
- Cyberbullying: advise your peers on how to stay safe when using social media
- Spreadsheet: know how to budget and run a business or a home
- Virus: make sure you can keep your computer safe
- Database: set up your own business record base
- Animation: make your presentations come to life.
General Entry Requirements
- No formal qualifications are required but a keen interest in using a variety of IT programmes and software is advantageous.
Specific Entry Requirements
- You will need to have the ability to contribute and benefit from the programme of study.
You will work individually and in groups, taking part in practical activities, visits and meeting guest speakers. Assessment is entirely assignment based on your practical experiences. During your English lessons you will practice developing your communication skills including interview skills.
During Maths lessons you will focus on areas you find difficult and develop these during practical lessons to help you relate the learning to real life situations. In your Personal and Social Development sessions you will set your own targets and develop life skills and independence skills through a variety of activities including trips to activity centres, driving a car, residential weekend trips and participate in mock interviews and work experience activities.
- You will need to be organised, have a USB stick and general stationery
- You will need access to a computer and you may want to purchase specialist programmes to use at home, though programmes and private study areas are available for you to use at the College
- You will have the chance to attend trips and visits, as well as a residential placement, to develop your confidence and independence skills.
- You will need access to a computer and if you want you may want to purchase specialist programmes to use at home, however programmes and private study areas are available f or you to use at college.
- You will need to be organised and have a USB stick and general stationery so you are ready to learn
- Trips will incur additional costs
- There will be an opportunity to attend a residential placement to develop your confidence and independence skills which will incur additional costs
On successful completion of the course you will have the option to progress to:
- Level 2 BTEC Diploma in IT
- Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Creative Media Production
- Begin an Apprenticeship, Traineeship or Supported Internship programme dependent on your individual needs.
- Lewis progressed to Seevic College’s work based Supported Internship programme and then on a Level 2 Apprenticeship at Essex Media.
- Tom, who did not have the best success at school, started at Level 1 and is now on the Level 3 programme; he’s now hoping to progress to university.
- You will go on trips including team building and activity days
- Tutors have current experience in the industry which will help you identify how ICT is used in different sectors and support your ICT expertise
- Opportunity to attend a residential placement to develop your independence skills.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact SEEVIC College directly.