Sport BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our sport courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like Stevenage FC, Watford FC and Fit4Less.
- Varied trips and activities to businesses and events like the skills Show at the NEC, the Lee Valley White Water Centre and Lee Valley Athletics Centre.
- Getting involved in providing fitness training for Supported Studies students.
- Having the opportunity to coach Italian school children with Sportilia.
If you’re a sports lover looking to work in the sector or an athlete looking to enhance your own ability, NHC has a range of courses designed to help you get where you want to be. NHC courses aim to develop your sector-related skills including:
- Sport and active leisure: offers you the opportunity to study sport both practically and academically. It includes a range of practical sports and investigations into the business, organisation and safety requirements for sporting activities.
- Sport and coaching/fitness instruction: involves the study of anatomy and physiology, fitness testing and leadership in sport, sports nutrition, sports psychology, exercise massage, and health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment in order to coach and train others or improve your own ability.
- Leisure management: offers you the opportunity to develop your understanding of the sports and leisure industry, health promotion, sports development, operating and managing fitness and leisure facilities, as well as marketing sports and engaging the wider community in fitness initiatives.
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Fitness training and programming
- Leadership in sport
- Sports coaching
- Assessing risk in sport
- Sports facilities and operational management.
To join this course, you’ll need:
- Four GCSEs at grade C or above including maths and English; or,
- Four GSCEs at grade C or above, plus functional skills level 2 maths and English; or,
- A level 2 qualification in a relevant subject area, passed with a Merit or Distinction grade – plus maths and English.
This course is assessed through assignments and projects. You’ll only sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
This programme is eligible for Advanced Learner Loans.
Possible charges for any trips or visits offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance.
Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Higher level courses including foundation degree in sport studies and HND in sports studies (subject to validation)
- Paid employment in the sector.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.