Painting and Decorating Level 2 Diploma at Carlisle College
This programme is for learners who work or want to work as a Painter and Decorator within the construction sector. It will allow you to learn and develop the basic knowledge/skills required for employment and/or career as a painter and decorator.
During the length of the course you will learn about Painting & Decorating techniques in practical and theory sessions. You will also learn about health and safety on construction sites and the importance of site safety. The course also covers various techniques on both paint and paper application and surface preparation. Other key aspects of the course are communicating with other people and learning about numeracy and literacy skills to prepare you for a life in construction.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Preparing Surfaces for Decoration
- Applying Paint Systems by Brush and Roller to complex areas
- Applying standard wallpapers and hangings to walls and ceilings
- Producing Specialist finishes for decorative work
- Erecting and Dismantling Access Equipment and Working Platforms
- Apply water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment.
You will also work towards qualifications in Maths and English.
A level 1 Paint and Decorating Qualification, mature students with relevant experience and/or other qualifications may be eligible. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to achieve a level 1, in English and Maths as part of a programme of study.
- Observation of practical skills
- Theory unit end tests
- Written assignments
On successful completion of this course you could go on to gain employment locally, nationally or progress onto a Level 3 Diploma in Painting and Decorating.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carlisle College directly.