Travel and Tourism BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Wirral Metropolitan College
This course is designed to give you the skills you need to either progress to higher education or into employment.
It will cover retail travel, visitor attractions, accommodation, transportation and tour operations.
- Investigating Travel and Tourism
- The UK as a Destination
- The European Destinations
- The Business of Travel and Tourism
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- Preparing for Employment in the Travel and Tourism Industry
- Specialist Tourism
- Passenger Transportation
- Long Haul Travel Destinations
- Working as a Holiday Representative
- Responsible Tourism
- UK Visitor Attractions
- Hospitality Operations in Travel and Tourism
- Marketing Travel and Tourism Products
- Business Travel Operations
- Tourism in Rural Area
- Tour Operations
- Working as a Children's Representative
- Events, Conferences and Exhibitions
- Residential Study Visit in Travel and Tourism
Each unit is assessed and will receive pass, merit or distinction grades
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (including English Language and Mathematics)or
- Full Level 2 Qualification at Merit or Distinction grade and GCSEs Grade C or above English and Mathematics
- Satisfactory interview to assess motivation, previous experience if applicable, communication skills, career planning
- Satisfactory reference
Before starting your course, you will take assessments in English and maths to make sure that you will be able to meet these requirements of the course. Learners must show a profile at a minimum standard of Entry Level 3.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course.
At the end of the course, you could progress to higher education or employment.
For opportunities to continue studying Travel at Wirral Met, please see BTEC Higher National Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management (Ref: L042)
This course may require students to wear a uniform, further information will be given in due course. As part of this course you will be required to undertake a number of trips and visits including an overnight residential.
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths already
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.