Bricklaying: Level 1 FL Cskills Diploma at NESCOT
The combination of practical and theory sessions will enable you to gain good practical skills with underpinning job knowledge of Brickwork.
Brickwork exists in every structure you look at today and as a trade it dates back to before the building of the pyramids. It involves skills and knowledge you have probably never stopped to think about. For instance, how do you build something circular out of things that are square?
Knowledge Unit Details:
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Know how to carry out basic blocklaying skills
- Know how to carry out basic bricklaying skills
- Know how to carry out basic cavity walling
- Know how to contribute to setting out and building basic masonry structures up to damp course level.
Skills Unit Details:
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- Carry out basic blocklaying skills
- Carry out basic bricklaying skills
- Carry out basic cavity walling
- Contribute to setting out and building basic masonry structures up to damp course level.
- Successful completion of the foundation programme will give you the skills and knowledge which will enable you to progress to the Level 2 Diploma.
Functional Skills in Numeracy and Literacy are included in the Full Time programme along with both group, one to one tutorials,work experience and enrichment activities.
Two GCSEs in Maths and English at grade D or above.
On successful completion of the programme you may progress to the Level 2 (Brickwork) Diploma.
Potential career routes in the Brickwork industry:
- Building suppliers
- Start your own business
- Work for a small or large construction business
Students are required to provide steel toe-capped boots and overalls for practical work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NESCOT directly.