Art and Design A Level at St Martin in the Fields High School for Girls
During this course you will learn to develop your visual thinking. Through exploring a variety of media, the specification aims to:
- Encourage the development of ideas and the ability to act upon them
- Develop your intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive powers
- Encourage experience in the use of materials, their limits and their effect on the nature of visual thinking
- Enable students to discover where their talents and interests lie
- Develop students' understanding of the role of Art & Design in its historical and cultural context and relate their own work to it
Throughout the course there will be organised visits to galleries to help develop your understanding of art and support your individual development. You will also be expected to visit galleries on your own in order to support your investigations.
5 A*-C grades including English and Mathematics. You should have achieved a 'C' grade or above at GCSE. If you do not meet these requirements, you will be asked to attend an interview with a portfolio of your work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Martin in the Fields High School for Girls directly.