Barbering Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
The programme covers a range of practical skills and theory and includes the following four components
1. NVQ Diploma in Barbering (Level 2)
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo and condition hair and scalp
- Cut hair using barbering techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men’s hair
Optional Units Group A (choose 1 unit)
- Create basic patterns in hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Change men’s hair colour
Optional Units group B (choose 1 unit)
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Develop & maintain your effectiveness at work
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Promote additional services or products to clients
2. Functional Skills: English & Maths Level 1
3. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
4. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
The training programme is intended for new or existing staff working in a barbers or hairdressing salon dealing with male clients. The entry criteria are staff aged 16 and over with GCSEs A*- D in Maths and English. GCSE’s will be considered along with the results of an initial assessment. Applicants should show enthusiasm and an artistic flair.
The NVQ Diploma is mainly assessed in the workplace. Apprentices attend Farnborough College of Technology once a week (usually 16.30 – 21.15) to learn the underpinning knowledge and develop their skills.
The apprentice will need to buy barbering tools and text books that cost approximately £100
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.