Maths Functional Skills Entry Level at Ifield School
Functional Skills Mathematics qualifications are designed to give learners the skills to operate confidently, effectively and independently in education, work and everyday life. They have been created in response to employers’ perceptions that many learners are not achieving a sufficiently firm grounding in the basics.
The aims of these qualifications are to develop learner understanding and skills in:
• Representing – selecting the mathematics and information to model a situation.
• Analysing – processing and using mathematics.
• Interpreting – interpreting and communication the results of the analysis.
Edexcel Functional Skills qualifiication at Entry Level qualifications comprises of a compulsory task that is internally assessed, internally verified and externally verified. The main stages involved in assessment include:
• the learner responding to the task under controlled conditions
• the assessor deciding whether or not the response is sufficient, valid, authentic and of the required standard
• the Lead Internal Verifier for the Edexcel Functional Skills at Entry Level managing the internal verification of assessment outcomes
• the assessor giving the learner feedback on the results of the assessment.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.