Food Safety in Catering Level 2 - Short Course at Acacia Training
To provide the necessary information to prepare participants for the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering. To understand your responsibilities as a Food Handler, and to apply your learning to your work station.Who Should Apply:
Staff working with food, including those preparing,cooking,heating & defrosting food. Refresher to be completed every 3 years.
Upon successful completion of the course delegates will
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety, and their legal responsibilities
- Understand the importance of keeping him/herself clean and hygienic and how to reduce the risk of contamination
- Understand the importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygienic using appropriate cleaning and disinfection methods, correct work flow and high standards of pest control
- Understand the importance of keeping food safe by acknowledging the potential risks from microbial, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards, food spoilage and unsafe handling and storage practices.
- Understand the importance of temperature controls and stock control procedures from purchase to service
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Acacia Training directly.