Performing Arts (Acting) Diploma - Level 3 at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
This course is designed for those who are interested in developing their knowledge and understanding of theatre through workshops and performance opportunities.
At interview, we will discuss with you your entry qualifications, experience and career goals. This, along with your audition, will form the basis of your starting point on the Performing Arts Level 3 programme.
The diploma is a one-year programme. However, following successful completion of the diploma and appropriate achievement of other elements of the study programme, you may then be able to progress to a second year of study on the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts.
The diploma concentrates on the practical and contextual skills needed to produce quality devised and text-based performance work. This may include voice and speech, acting techniques, text work, devising, movement and improvisation. Continuing to the extended diploma, you will be able to continue to develop you skills and understanding of the performing arts industry.
Example units include:
- Applying styles
- Principles of acting
- Developing skills and techniques for live performance
- Investigating practitioners work
- Group performance workshop
- Performing arts in the community
- Physical theatre techniques
- Developing the voice for performance
For the diploma you will need:
- Four GCSEs with at least 4 points (grade C) including English or an appropriate equivalent OR
- A relevant Level 2 diploma at merit level, and GCSE English with 4 points (grade C) or an equivalent Level 2 literacy qualification.
- A drama workshop and prepared audition piece.
For the extended diploma you will need:
- Five GCSEs with at least 4 points (grade C) including English and maths or an appropriate equivalent OR
- A relevant Level 2 diploma at merit level, and GCSE English and maths with 4 points (grade C).
- A drama workshop and a prepared audition piece.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview at which we will discuss all relevant experience, your portfolio of work and career goals.
Assessment takes place through controlled assignments set by tutors and are externally verified.
You will complete written coursework, take part in projects, practical workshops and performances, some of which will be externally examined.
Following successful completion of the diploma study programme you may be able to progress to the extended diploma.
Following successful completion of the extended diploma you could progress to university-level qualifications such as a degree or HND in a related area, or you could go on to further vocational training or employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.