Psychology A Level at Ormiston Forge Academy
Over the course of 2 years you will study various topics within Psychology:
- Approaches Psychology
- Issues and debates
- Developmental psychology (how children form relationships with their parents)
- Cognitive psychology (how memory works and why we forget information)
- Physiological psychology (what happens when we are stressed and how we can treat it)
- Individual differences (what is ‘normal’ and what causes eating disorders)
- Social psychology (why we want to be like our friends and why we obey authority figures)
- Research Methods (how to conduct a good psychology experiment).
- A-Level looks at a range of additional topics such as sleep, relationships and mental disorders.
This qualification will support candidates working towards a wide range of careers including working with children, different aspects of psychology such as: Clinical psychology, forensic psychology, developmental psychology, health psychology and teaching psychology.
GCSE grades C and above including Science, English and Maths.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ormiston Forge Academy directly.