Art and Design National Foundation Diploma BTEC Level 3 Award at The Whitehaven Academy
This qualification is designed for Post-16 learners who want to progress to higher education in an art and design related discipline. It is an opportunity for you to understand more about the scope of art and design and develop knowledge of the creative process.
The optional units will allow you to study areas such as Fine Art and 3D Design Craft.
The aims of this qualification are to:
- inspire and enthuse learners to consider a career in art and design
- give learners the opportunity to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills in, art and design
- support progression to a more specialised level 3 vocational or academic art and design course or an apprenticeship
- broaden and deepen learners’ understanding of art and design careers and their attributes
- allow learners to specialise or to deepen their understanding through the provision of a range of specialist units
The advisable entry requirements are a grade C or above at GCSE Art and Design.
Requires the submission of a number of pieces of coursework which are internally assessed.
The course is recognised by higher education providers as meeting or contributing to admission requirements to many relevant art and design course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Whitehaven Academy directly.