Information Technology BTEC Level 3 at Collingwood College
BTEC IT is 100% coursework assessed. To be successful you must be able to complete research, meet deadlines and show a creative flair.
Each of the units will be based on real-life scenarios, workplace situations and activities based around a problem for you to solve. These are made up of tasks that will be the basis of your assessment.
- You will understand how to set up, use, customise and maintain a computer system;
- You will design and create your own multimedia products;
- You will create and run working animations;
- You will set up and maintain a website;
- You will have the opportunity to create your own CV and address your own personal development needs for employment opportunities.
Throughout the course you will develop your understanding of ICT and how it is used in today’s society. You will also gain practical skills in creating ICT media products.
Examples of units include:
- Communication and Employability Skills for IT
- Computer Systems
- Computer Animation
- Multimedia Design
- Website Production
- Digital Graphics
Minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade A*-C (or equivalent)
The course is 100% coursework. All units are equally weighted.
Most students progress on to university courses at degree level. The course also prepares learners for the workplace or starting their own business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Collingwood College directly.