Drama and Theatre Studies A Level at Oasis Academy Brightstowe
This course is designed to provide a balance across a range of learning activities. The course combines exploring plays, creating theatre, the performing of plays, the analysis of theatre and the critical evaluation of all these elements. The AS course introduces you to the content of plays written for the theatre and offers you the chance to demonstrate your skills in a performance environment. At A2 level you will be required to create a unique and original piece of theatre and to study one set play text and one prescribed historical period of theatrical development.
• To demonstrate the application of performance and/or production skills through the realisation of drama and theatre.
• To demonstrate knowledge and understanding of practical and theoretical aspects of drama and theatre using appropriate terminology
• To interpret plays from different periods and genres
• To make critical and evaluative judgements of live theatre
This qualification also provides opportunities for developing the key skills listed below:
• Improving own learning and performance
• Problem solving
• Working with others
NBP16C level 3 entry requirement including a minimum grade of a C at GCSE drama or a minimum of a pass at Performing Arts BTEC level 2.
Teacher-led activities, practical exploration, group work, individual presentation, discussion, personal research and debate.
Gaining a qualification in drama and theatre studies will allow you to continue to study drama at a higher level at university or a specialist training college, or to go directly into employment as a performer. An A level in drama and theatre studies will also enable you to access all other non-related degree courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oasis Academy Brightstowe directly.